Surely you have noticed that with drastic changes in temperature, your skin becomes drier, losing flexibility and resistance. It is important to keep your skin hydrated for it to continue to protect your body from external aggressions. And in the summer, more so!
Here are 5 tips for good hydration:
1. Drink more and often. Drinking only when your body cries out it for is a mistake. We must anticipate thirst and drink little by little for our body to assimilate liquids better. Moreover, with the heat in summertime, we should increase our intake of fluids. So now you know, your bottle of water will be your new ally!
2. Watch your diet. We do not only hydrate ourselves with drinks, but also with our diet. Any food that is cool and loaded with fluids will be welcome! Try for example gazpachos, cold soups or fruit and vegetable salads.
3. Drink fluids before, during and after physical exercise. It is important to be well hydrated when we start any physical activity and be able to recover it when we finish, to restore the water and mineral salts that have been eliminated through sweating.
4. Do not forget your daily cleansing routine. Apply your specific treatment in the morning and at night, as they are the two most effective times of the day. You can start by cleansing your face, then use a tonic and finally a moisturising cream.
5. Avoid the hottest hours of the day. At noon it is preferable to stay in cool places, out of direct sunlight. However, when this is not possible, we must try to drink cold drinks that restore our body’s balance.
Now that you know some tips, you just have to put them into practice.